After earning a Bachelor’s degree cum laude in Sociology/Psychology from San Diego State University, Patricia S. Depew completed work for a Master’s degree in Sociology from USC. She began her career as an urban program analyst with the New York State Urban Development Corporation. Moving to film production, she produced and directed PBS and network programs, received an NEA grant, and won numerous awards for her films.
Ms. Depew received her JD from Southwestern School of Law after participating in the Comparative International Law Study Program at the University of Florence. In addition to her successful law practice, she works pro bono on political asylum advocacy.
Areas of Practice:
- California, 1994
- Southwestern School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1994
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Member
- Public Counsel Political Asylum and Deportation Advocate
- Director’s Guild of America Former Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Past Employment Positions:
- California Court of Appeal, Division One, Second Appellate District, Hon. Vaino H. Spencer, Presiding Justice, Law Clerk, 1991
- Film and Television, Producer/Director, 1977 – 1989.
- Urban Development Corporation Associate, Sociologist, 1975-77