Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.


Our Offices

  • Pasadena Office


    1055 E. Colorado Blvd, 5th Floor
    Pasadena, California 91106



Lead Counsel Rated

  • Professional Experience
  • Peer Recommended
  • Spotless Record

Reviews & Ratings

  • 5.0/5.0

    Patricia S. Depew is one of the best lawyers I have ever utilized for my legal matters. Her professionalism and caring demeanor alleviated an overabundance amount of stress that was experiencing with my unique immigration issue. I would r...
    Read More

    — Client

  • 5.0/5.0

    Patricia DePew is extremely knowledgeable in the field of bankruptcy. She is also available for questions; returns calls in a timely manner and is a calming influence. Our experience with her and her staff was second to none.

    — Client

  • 4.0/5.0

    Working with this lawyer was good and i would recommend her to people who really want the quickest result of their case.

    — Client

Over 19 Years of Immigration Family Law Experience

immigration family law lawyer

If a person wants to become a permanent resident in the United States, and the person has a relative who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, your relative in the U.S. must apply to sponsor you and must prove that he or she has the income or assets to support you upon your arrival in the United States. You will both need to complete these key steps:

First, your sponsor-relative must complete an immigrant visa petition (I-130 Petition for Alien Relative), and the U.S. Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) must approve the petition. Next, the sponsor must complete and sign an Affidavit of Support. Then, the immigrant can apply for one of several immigrant visas.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (IR visas) are based on having an immediate relative who is a United States citizen. There is no numerical cap on Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas. Family Preference Immigrant Visas (F visas) are for immigrants with more distant family relationships with a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. There are yearly caps on family preference visas. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and cousins cannot be sponsors.

Immigrating to the United States is an often thorny and always difficult procedure. Sponsors who are considering the IR or the F visa will both want and need the help of a good immigration family law attorney. Los Angeles immigration family law lawyer Patricia Depew helps families choose the right options by providing them with sound legal counsel and representation. Her comprehensive immigration practice includes family and employment visas. Ms. Depew also represents clients before the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly the INS) and U.S. Immigration Court.

Immigration family law lawyer Patricia Depew understands the grief and heartache that family separations can cause. She can assess your situation, help you make the right choices, and provide the experienced legal advice you need. You’ll work directly with the attorney; clients aren’t “shoved off” onto associates or paralegals. Ms. Depew has sixteen years of experience helping families stay together and achieve their dreams in the southern California region. She represents clients throughout Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, the San Fernando Valley region, and the surrounding areas. She is committed to protecting individuals and families in immigration-related legal situations.

Hire a Los Angeles Immigration Family Law Lawyer

los angeles Immigration Family Law Lawyer

Ms. Depew provides a welcoming, comfortable environment for clients to discuss their legal needs and concerns. She will move you quickly to the core of whatever legal matter you face and save you from wasted time, resources, or anxiety. To arrange a consultation, call Patricia Depew today at 310-284-8494. Se Habla Español.