Los Angeles Fiance K-1 Visa Attorney


Nothing can stop true love, but the U.S. government certainly puts some hurdles in its path. The K-1 visa permits the foreign national fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens to enter the United States strictly for the purpose of marriage. After marriage, the foreign national may seek permanent residency and eventually citizenship. If you're applying for a K-1 visa, it's complicated; you're going to need the help of an experienced California immigration attorney. K-1 Visa attorney Patricia Depew represents clients throughout Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, the San Fernando Valley region, and the surrounding areas. Her comprehensive immigration practice includes representation for family-based, business, and employment immigration. Patricia Depew represents clients before the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and U.S. Immigration Court, and she offers guidance in matters relating to immigration and naturalization, visas, citizenship, employment, and family.

To obtain the K-1 visa, the U.S. citizen and his or her foreign national fiancé(e) must satisfy these conditions: the petitioner must be a citizen of the United States; both individuals must be willing and able to marry within 90 days of the fiance(e)'s arrival, and there must be a good faith intention to marry. A filing fee of $340 must be included for the initial K-1 visa application. The pair also must have physically met within the previous two years, although this requirement may be waived in case of hardship or if a meeting violates the foreign national's strict, long-established cultural customs.

The K-1 Visa Application Process

The U.S. citizen must file an I-129F with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Currently, processing the I-129F takes about five months. Upon its approval, the fiancé(e) must procure a K-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate in the fiancé(e)'s current nation of residency. An interview and a medical exam are required. Upon receiving the K-1 visa, the fiancé(e) may enter the U.S., and the pair must marry within ninety days. When married, the foreign national partner is required to file for a status adjustment to permanent residency.

The K-1 visa process is replete with hurdles and speed bumps. Mistakes can result in delays and long separations. A good immigration lawyer works to ensure no mistakes are made. Los Angeles K-1 visa attorney Patricia Depew is committed to protecting the individual in immigration-related legal situations. She represents clients first by making sure they are fully informed with sound and accurate legal advice; she then works closely with clients, helping them make the decisions that are in their long-term best interests. Clients work directly with the attorney; they're not passed off to paralegals or associates.

Hire a Los Angeles Fiancé K-1 Visa Attorney

Patricia Depew provides a welcoming, comfortable environment for clients to discuss their legal needs. She will move you quickly to the core of whatever legal matter you face, and save you from wasting time, financial resources, or emotional anxiety. Call her today at 310-284-8494. Se Habla Español.

Depew Law Group, A.P.C Is Here for You

At Depew Law Group, A.P.C, we focus on Immigration, and Bankruptcy Law and we are here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.
En Español

M. H. a Former Client

"To anyone looking for an attorney: If you want someone who will fight to the finish for you, Patricia Depew is the one. She is the toughest, most informed attorney I have ever met. Her staff is amazing. I hear friends constantly saying that their attorney never returns calls. Ms. Depew has called me at all hours. She is the most competent attorney you could find. My case was so involved that I think another attorney would have given up, but not this law office. Do yourself a favor and get the best there is.”

Depew Law Group, PC
1055 E Colorado Blvd, 5th floor
Pasadena, CA 91106